Saturday, March 25, 2017

Tuba Skinny And His Tiny Men – Tishimingo Blues

July 2, 2009 by
Filed under Everything Else, Greenwich Vill-, Music, Video

tuba-skinny-and-his-tiny-men-2

(Photo by Bald Punk)

I discovered Tuba Skinny and His Tiny Men over a month ago in Washington Square Park. They were awesome.

I’m their biggest fan.

They were selling cds, but I was broke. If anyone knows where I can buy a cd or where they are playing, lemmie know?

They should have a website, because I get a few hits a day from people that search “Tuba Skinny and His Tiny Men.”

See Easy Site Navigation if you are new to BaldPunk.com

Comments

8 Responses to “Tuba Skinny And His Tiny Men – Tishimingo Blues”
  1. Alberto Modino says:

I saw them playing in my town, León, Spain, about a week ago. Simply marvelous. I talked to Shaye, the cornet player an she was so kind and friendly. I bought their CD, if you want i can send it to you in MP3 (drop a line in my address)… if u promise to buy it from them next time you come accross 🙂

2. Alberto Modino says:

BTW they are touring Spain… by bike!!!!. Imagine Todd towing his tuba in a bike trailer for hundreds of miles 🙂

3. Bald Punk says:

Al – They need to get off the bikes and put up a website.

4. Etta Madden says:

Saw them playing in the French Quarter in New Orleans Nov. 14…they were awesome…I agree they need a website…Erica has a beautiful voice.

5. Dan Albrecht says:

I just saw them yesterday (4/2/10) in the French Quarter in New Orleans. They are great. Many people in the street audience (at least 100) were asking who they were, where they were playing,… . They need a website. Or at least someone who knows marketing. They are very eclectic. Lead singer (Erica?) draws you into the music.

6. here, finally, is their brand new website:

enjoy, & spread the word!

7. Steve Taylor says:

Saw them over the weekend in Saratoga, NY – What a delight!! Have listened to the CDs several times already

8. ray says:

I have been collecting N.O. Jazz records for years, have visited N.O. several times, I have heard live, Harold Dejan, Willie and Percy Humphrey, Jeanett Kimbell and a host of other top bands, like Barry Martyn, Chris Tyle, Steve Pistorious,Lars Edegran, Orange Kellin…….but none of these band (in my opinion) get near Tuba Skinny Rag Band, I just hope this wonderful outfit will come to London (UK)….they are great.